Side-event of the UNA-Russia “Partnerships to Promote Sustainable Energy: Regions of Russia and businesses (SDG7 is under review)”on the margins of the Third Asian and Pacific Energy Forum
The UN Association of Russia is organizing on October 18, 2023 the side-event “Partnerships to Promote Sustainable Energy: Regions of Russia and businesses (SDG7 is under review)” on the margins of the Third Asian and Pacific Energy Forum at the United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok, Conference Room 3, 15:00—17:00 (UTC+7).
The event is organized with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Kingdom of Thailand and the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation.
The event offers an opportunity for participants to discuss practices and projects in the fuel and energy sector, exchange experiences and form new partnerships for multilateral cooperation. Sustainable strategies and partnerships projects related to the SDG7 along with the Voluntary local reviews of Russian regions and businesses will be presented and discussed.
- Energy action commitments and solutions towards the achievement of SDG7;
- Potential of clean alternative renewable energy sources;
- Key trends and sustainable business practices in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Ways to accelerate the development of achieving the SDG7 in Russia and the Asia-Pacific region;
- Major issues related to progress on SDG 7 and its interlinkages with other SDGs;
- Trends, technologies and the impact of the global energy crisis;
- Promising areas of cooperation in the energy sector and the formation of multilateral partnerships in the Asia-Pacific region.
The event will feature the regions, which participate in the UN Association of Russia Program «Regions of Russia and the UN Sustainable Development Goals» (Moscow, the Republic of Tatarstan, Samara and Sverdlovsk Regions), as well as representatives of business from Russia and other APR countries, the diplomatic corps, international and intergovernmental organizations, and civil society.
The presentations will be followed by “Q and A” session.
The event will be broadcasted online at https://una.ru October 18, 2023, 15:00-17:00 (Bangkok time), 11:00-13:00 (Moscow time).
If you wish to join the discussion or make a presentation please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.