The UN Association of Russia’s side event “NGOs Partnerships and sustainable projects: the impact of COVID-19 and new realities” in the margins of the 2023 ECOSOC Partnership Forum
Building a sustainable future requires a broad NGO partner network. The voices of civil society should continue to be the focus of attention throughout the implementation of the 2030 Agenda. The UN Association of Russia’s side event “NGOs Partnerships and sustainable projects: the impact of COVID-19 and new realities” will reiterate the Russian NGOs commitment to the Agenda-2030 implementation.
The purpose of the event is to promote the participation and involvement of Russian NGOs in the processes related to the exchange of best sustainable practices, accelerating progress in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and overcoming the impact of the COVID-19.
Within the framework of side event the following issues are planned to be considered:
- the role and responsibilities of civil society, especially NGOs, in achieving the SDGs;
- progress and challenges in implementing the 2030 Agenda, including those arising at the regional, national and local levels;
- sustainable practices implemented by NGOs;
- partnership practices between civil society organizations along as with international organizations, including the United Nations;
- cooperation of NGOs with business, implementation of socially significant joint projects.
The event will feature Russian NGOs, as well as business leaders, representatives of the diplomatic corps, governmental organizations and civil society. Representatives of the UN bodies, international and foreign organizations, business and academia will also be invited.
Within the event the NGOs-participants of the event will make three-minute oral statements based on which the UN Association of Russia will form the recommendations to be sent to the organizers of the 2023 ECOSOC Partnership Forum.
The event will potentially contribute to the results of the Forum by bringing best sustainable practices of Russian NGOs so as to share the experience and establish new or develop existing partnerships.
The event will be held online.
In case you wish to join the discussion with a comment or question please contact us at email@example.com (not later than 29 January).
Working languages are English and Russian.